Monday, June 15, 2015

In memoriam

I lost one of my dearest friends today, Amedeo Maiello. A kind, generous, hospitable and intellectual man whose generosity knew no bounds. We met a long time ago in City College and our friendship just grew and got stronger. He was a professor at the Istituto Universitario Orientale in Naples a job that he held with great professional ability. His was indefatigable as a researcher and his love for books is something we both shared. Every time he came to New York we would meet outside Strand Bookstore, where else. In the countless times I was a guest in his home he and his family showed me such  attention and kindness that I always felt at home so, naturally, I became part of the
family. My sadness at his passing is great and I shall miss him every day. I want to extend our condolences to his lovely wife Maria Franca, his two daughters Angela and Michela and to his brother Michael.
Rocco and Marcy Galatioto.

The photo I'm using is one of my favorites and shows my dear friend in his luxuriant youth. This is the way I want to remember him. Addio Amedeo; riposa in pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor