Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Photo of the day, Jan 6 2010 Canon 5D II



After giving some thought, I finally picked up a Canon 5DII. I have been using 5D's for some time and have been always satisfied with their great IQ. The mark II, I must assert, is perhaps alone in it's class especially as far as value is concerned. My Nikon D700 is superb especially in low light but the 5DII reaches a mega pixel level that affords cropping. What is interesting is the SRAW where one cau use the benefits of raw but in a 10 mega pixel file. This is great when shooting events that do not reqauire such large files. And believe me, the files are large. The photo of my dog Charlie were shot at ISO 1600 with the Sigma DG 50 mm 2.8 macro while the floweres were shot with a pedestrian Canon EF 28 mm 2.8 prime. I will report further on this camera. Needless to say, the operation is so straight forward that I have not opened the instruction boo and perhaps I will not use it much.

1 comment:

Fall splendor