Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FROM FACE BOOK


This was my reply on fb of a post about the new digital Polaroid that my daughter had actually put up:
Very "Polaroid." I was always amazed at the fact that you could have an "instant" print from a shot. In the so called "old days," I had an old Polaroid black and white that I used as a test shot camera. Once the studio lights were set up, a... Polaroid was taken - this camera had f-stops and aperture settings along with a PC plug [not a computer but an outlet to connect the flash] and then one could tell where the shadows were. Today with digital it's so easy that it's not fun anymore. I loved Polaroid cameras but the film was so expensive that their use was kept to a minimum. With the SX 70 [the color model] a whole genre developed of people who shot on Polaroid. They had only one shot per image and that made that image unique. Because of this, such shooters fancied themselves more artistic than those of us who shot on film and had negatives. I should really write a book on photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor