Monday, April 8, 2013

Again with the three mega pixels

Well what I am about to state is considered heresy these days but thanks to a more tolerant environment, I can sleep easy. No pyres and no auto de fe.
 Actually I have written  many times before what a competent camera the Fuji S-1 Pro was. It's image quality was exceptional but it's mechanical integrity left much to be desired. It was the camera that I shot with professionally foe over one year while I changed over to all digital. It was a very effective tools. But the heresy is in stating that a mere 3.4 mega pixels was sufficient in rendering phenomenal images. Such a low number is laughed at today but today any ISO under 800 is deemed too low and any camera without auto focus is deemed unacceptable. So what did a do for 30 years without auto focus or with nothing higher that ISO 400 for black and white and 100 for color? People are spoiled and photography has become almost too easy. It's really not fun anymore.
These shots of these great children support my assertions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor