Monday, February 4, 2013

Cameras as toys?

I think that this is really ridiculous.

Pentax Just Announced  2  Super-Niche Evangelion Themed Cameras, Just for You Fans. 

Evangelion.jpgI'm not an anime fan, so camera probably isn't going to interest me. BUT  If you are into  'Neon Genesis Evangelion' - and why you  would be beats me- and feel  that it's a cool show, then this super niche camera is your cup of tea. By all means be my guest and enjoy.
Pentax  now has 3 custom versions of the Q10 available, known as the TYPE00, TYPE01 and TYPE02. As you might imagine, each is designed with the same color scheme as the EVA that it's named after. Shinji and Asuka's cameras are fairly bold as you might expect, but the TYPE00 Rei Ayanami camera is fairly subdued and stylish. All of the cameras sport the NERV logo when they're turned on. It may be that my age or dare I say maturity that is showing but I do not get  any of this.

A very limited run of 1,500 of each camera will be manufactured and they're only being released in Japan.  TOO BAD. The price is  around $660, or around $100 more than a standard Q10.  Not cheap but then look at the nice colors. Give me a break already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor