Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coney Island memories/ Leica M-2R

When I first arrived in the States, the whole city was magical but Coney Island was even more fascinating. First of all it had the beach and naturally the sea and although it was very different, it sort of reminded me in a sadly nostalgic way my beloved Castellammare del Golfo. We used to go swimming there always cursing the cold water but at least it was the sea; it was comforting. Of course Coney Island had it's other attractions and it was fun. This fascination with Coney Island newer waned and it became one of my favorite places to go with my camera. I especially loved to photograph it off season when the place became rather lugubrious. This shot was taken on a sunny Sunday afternoon in October when the visitors were very few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor