Tuesday, December 17, 2019

I love this park and this building

Madison Square Park is the most European of New York's parks. Here you either have huge parks in each borough like Central Park, Bronx Park, Prospect Park in Brooklyn and Lily Pond Park in Stated Island or basic playgrounds of sorts. There is a third category made up of medium size parks that offer more nature and more recreation but while these are nice and necessary, they are architecturally plain Janes and almost institutional in style. But Madison Square park is different. It has statues, great trees and plants and it even has a famous burgher joint. This park is in no way as glamorous as the Jardin de Luxembourg in Paris or  the Villa Borghese in Rome but it gives you a glimpse of that glory and style. But what makes it really special is that from there you can admire New York's most beautiful building, The Flat Iron. I have posted photos of this architectural treasure many times but I never get tired of photographing it. I hope you can put up with me.



tired of photographing it. I hope you can put up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor