Friday, July 31, 2020

Memories

This candid image is of my friend, the late Professor Amedeo Maiello. We wer at CCNY together and then he continued his studies at the Istituto Universitario Orientale in Naples where he then taught eastern studies. Unlike in the US, in Italy it's still OK to say the word orientale. The mind police is not very strong there. This man was the most hospitable person I have ever known. On the several visits to his lovely home and family  wasn't even allow to pay for a caffĂ©. He would pick me up at the airport in Rome or Naples an could not do enough for me. Friends are really one's true wealth. I'm honored by the great friendship of his widow and of the fact that his two lovely daughters call me uncle Rocco. To me they are the nieces I never had. I love them dearly. I miss this irreplaceable friend so much.

Leica photo on Tri-X Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor