Friday, September 4, 2009

The panasonic GF, Our prayers answered?


The GF 1 is finally here. It has a nice, masculine, no nonsense design, like a LX 3 on steroids and it has a view finder. OK it's an EVF but that is better than trying to compose an image with the LCD screen in daylight or in any light, I just hate to keep the camera away from me and look at the LCD. I prefer putting the camera tight on my cheek as a way of making it steady. The Olympus EP 1 appears to be rather feminine. It really belongs in a woman's purse. If I'm being sexist it's perhaps because I am. No offense is implied, however. The lack of a view finder is a deal breaker for me.From what has been posted, the images are fine. This should be a really neat travel camera. The LX 3 is a phenomenon but the GF 1 is more versatile and useful. We shall then see if our prayers are answered. We will know when the results are in and when we can play with one ourselves. In the mean time, my LX 3 must do when I must travel light. On my recent trip to Italy, I did not miss my DSLR, but on sunny days ans there were nothing but sunny days, the composition was at times hit or miss. WELCOME GF 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor