Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A truly wonderful man Nikon F



One of the greatest side to my business is meeting interesting and famous people. It's the spring of 1976 and I'm covering an event at the Plaza Hotel. In the VIP cocktail reception stood Luciano Pavarotti. As I was waiting for the people to move to the ball room, I struck a conversation with Luciano about Italian politics. He was one of the most pleasant person I have ever met and photographed. He was a darn great singer also. That Cavoradossi ot that Alfredo and who can top his "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot? He is missed and will always be missed.
For those who care about this data. The lens was the 50mm F1.4 Nikkor and the film was as usual, Tri-X developed in G 76 full strength.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful photo of a wonderful artist and person! It would interest me, what told Luciano Pavarotti 1976 on Italian politics. Many thanks for all the fascinating pictures, wow ... every picture so special and beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Fall splendor