Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why all this need for more pixels is BS. / Fuji S1-pro


The blogs are all astir about the fact that neither Nikon nor Canon came out with new maxi mega pixel cameras this year. Some are actually going nuts. I can only say that a lot of this is BS. Here is an example from 2001 with the S1-Pro that had a puny 3,4 mega pixel camera. I believe that the colors and image quality have not been equaled. This is a JPEG out of the camera. I have 13X19 enlargements that are excellent. It's nice to have the extra pixels for cropping but this race for bigger and bigger is insanity. OK, the S1-Pro was very basic, it's AF was useless and the body was very plastcky. But for many applications it was outstanding. Nevertheless, this is a shout in the wind. The race for more pixels will go on and on. That doesn't mean that the older cameras are useless. I prefer my Canon 5D to the 5D II that I gave to my daughter. The files were just too large. The difference in IQ was not visible at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor