Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Historical archival photo

I have posted this before but it bears re posting because of it's "historical" importance on my development as a photographer. It was shot on a borrowed camera, a Kodak retina on Kodachrome II and upon seeing it, I realized that I had the photographer's eye. The capture of the "light" so essential to a photograph still awes me. I know that I'm raving about my abilities but this is a really good photo; it's one that I'm very proud of. The scan came out well and this is attributed to Kodachrome's ability to keep it's colors for a long time. It was a great film and one that I miss very much. Kodak stopped making this several years ago. Too bad. The II was very special, the Kodachrome 25 that came out in 1974 was great but not as great as the II version that it replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor