Friday, February 17, 2012

That old square format / Yashicamat 124-G

I got my first taste of the square format in the summer of  1969 when I purchased my first Yashicamat 124, a wonderful camera that got me hooked to medium format. The G model had gold plated wires in it's light meter. They were inexpensive cameras that put out. I then got into the Mamiyas  in 645 and 120 formats and eventually got into 6X7 with the long gone  Koni-Omega. When i was able to afford them,  I got a couple of Rolleis and even a Minolta Autochord. I have practically shot with every camera ever made. I just love the large negatives and enjoyed the 120 slides that you put inside the Kodak PK 12 Mailer for processing. That wait was painful but it made you appreciate photography. It's just too easy with digital and soon real photography will bite the dust.
This shot was made in prospect park on a cloudy winter day long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor