Thursday, September 6, 2012

I love this city / Archival shots

I really do, it's the only place that can make me tolerate my distance from my Castellammare del Golfo. I realize that you may have gotten tired of the Flat Iron Building but if you have, please bare with me. Amuse me if you will. I do not know of an area in New York were urban architecture blends so well with nature resulting in a very pleasant pace to sit and sort of escape the rigors of city life that unlike many I actually love, and where one can be in the center of it all and still be away from it all. The concomitant Madison Square Park, is the most European of any in New York. It mimics the great parks of Paris or the great villas of Rome. The word villa  means park in Italian even though in modern usage it also defines a unattached home.



I love this park and love to photograph it. These shots date from February 2002 and were shot with the amazing Fuji S1-Pro with it's puny 3.4 mega pixels that today would be laughed at in a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor