Friday, May 17, 2013

Selinunte / Fuji S2-Pro

These photos date from the summer of 2003; a very hot August day, to be exact. These ruins are of what remains of this once flourishing  Greek-Sicilian city that was destroyed in the middle of the fifth century BC by Carthage. We arrived on what was perhaps the hottest day of 2003 and were looking mainly for refreshments  and a good restaurants. Well we eventually ate at a fabulous place in near by Mazara. I wasn't about to wait for the dramatic late afternoon light as the level on discomfort was very high and our stomachs were in rebellion. So I captured the typically intense summer Sicilian light. Bright and very specular but still very colorful. I have reached the point in my photography in which food comes before the shot. I have just taken too many photos but have not yet ate all the best foods. These are my new priorities. One should never take oneself  too seriously; after all they are only  pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor