Saturday, February 1, 2014

My earliest digital images





These are my absolutely first digital images shot in early September of 2000. I had finished a shoot at a center in Coney Island for a client and I took along my Nikon Coolpix 990. I did not use it on the job but since the center was in Coney Island, I took a walk on the boardwalk and started shooting. A love affair developed. I am not ashamed to state that I love digital because it allows many more possibilities. When I saw those clear skies free from dust marks and scratches, I was hooked. The color also was more realistic and could be manipulated at will. I find that many young photographers who state how superior film is do not know much about the subject. Let them work for 30 years in the dark room smelling the chemicals and ruining one's hands and then talk to me about film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor