Tuesday, February 11, 2014

My unforgettable Minolta S-404

I have used many cameras over the years both film and digital and although I am not an equipment freak, I have developed fond memories for past cameras. The Nikon F and the M Leicas come to mind as well as my Nikon range finder model S-II and SP's and there are also many memorable lenses. Some  items are truly  unforgettable such as my Minolta S-404 that I bought back in the fall of 2001. Then 4 mega pixels was  huge. but what I really liked, aside from it's outstanding image quality, was the fact that it felt just like a film camera. It had something that future serious pocket cameras of the present lack and that's  a really useful optical viewfinder. But alas, the company's camera business was sold to Sony and there's no more technical support of any kind for any Minolta or Konika-Minolta products. All that remains are the nice images.
These are scenes from the fall of 2001 from the DUMBO area that later became super gentrified and trendy. They are out of the camera JPEGS that haven't been manipulated.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor