Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sicilian block party


Sometimes the best events are almost unplanned and spontaneous.  Last August one of my neighbors said, " tomorrow I will bake bread in the country, I can make a couple of trays of sfincione, the  typical Sicilian pizza," while another said, "I can bake some cakes." to wich I added, "I will get all the paper goods and bottled water." Well others got the beer and soda. wine,  pro secco and fruit. etc. etc. The following day tables were put outside and all neighbors were invited. A British family, tourists, had never experienced such a warm and spontaneous feast. They  also had never tasted such delicious pizza. We had a great time and Marcy took some photos and I can be seen, in my dark blue T shirt toasting and having a ball. We will have to  do this again this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor