Monday, September 15, 2014

When I first realized it's potential

Indeed, we are back in the fall of 2000, and I am shooting with my newly purchased Nikon Coolpix 990 with it's puny 3 megapixels. When I saw the images I was literally blown away. No more dust or scratches and I could print large images in superb color with mt Epson 1270 printer. I could never get such great color with any film media.
I find it rather funny when I see these new age types shooting with film. Soon there will be no more film, BTW. After 32 years in the darkroom with inhaling chemicals and messing up my hands, I say no thanks. I did enjoy making prints but I like the freedom that digital gives me. Just because it's easy it's not less artistic. Also, after much thought I have come to the conclusion that photography is a craft and
not an art. I realize that these are fighting words but I stand by them. Sadly people are more interested in the latest equipment with an ever increasing megapixel count that they forget the meaning of it all.
So these are some of my first digital images. I have never looked back.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor