Friday, January 16, 2015

The pleasures of 120

Although I'm not one of those who mourn film or for reason of appearing in the know attribute to it de rigueur qualities that place it above digital, I do have fond memories and the use of 120 film was always a pleasant experience for me. I remember fondly my first encounter with this so called "medium format." It was in the summer of 1969 when I bought my first 120 camera, a Yashicamat 124. When I saw the large negatives I was in love. When I received from the Agfa lab my first rolls of  developed and mounted Agfachrome slides I was in ecstasy. But this is all in the past. 
The photo above was shot with the Yashica 124G. The G standing for gold contact since the light meter on the original 124 had contact problems. I eventually used Mamyias  and a few Rolleiflexes, not to mention using other formats such as 6X7, 6X9 and also 4X5 inch view cameras. All water under the bridge, I'm afraid. BTW, the film was Tri-Pan Professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor