Thursday, February 18, 2016

Naples, the Spanish quarter

Naples is one of the most fascinating cities in Italy and along with Palermo, it offers incredible cultural and historic diversity. Palermo has more varied  and older architecture  but Naples has greater vitality. The music alone makes it a true cultural treasure. The so called Spanish quarter is one of the most interesting places to visit. It's narrow streets and varied courtyards leave one fascinated. The sounds one hears are pure music to the ear while it's great and yet unassuming restaurants are in a class by themselves. I could go on, but I can just say that I love this great city. If I weren't Sicilian, I would certainly want to be Neapolitan. It's is my second choice, but not by much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor