Friday, November 17, 2017

A little manipulation

At times a little manipulation works. I am not a big fan of this practice because I am an old school photographer trained to take a photos that need no manipulation except the normal darkroom processes that were limited to cropping, burning in and dodging. What I call true images. Naturally with the advent of digital and Photoshop one doesn't know anymore "what's real and what's Memorex," as the old commercial used to say. But what can one do except to try to visit this post processing world and learn it in order to stay current. I use it very rarely but at times some images that may appear prosaic can be improved. This is my beloved Castellammare del Golfo and the image was shot with an iPhone and the manipulation was don in the phone using the Photo 360 aplet. As we say in New York "go figure." As a diverting aside the word "photoshoppare" has entered the Italiam lexicon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor