Friday, May 27, 2011

Old Sicilian gentleman / Canon G-9






We met this great gentleman in the town park. My wife asked him if she could photograph him and he agreed. Afterwards, he stated that that was not really the picture that he wanted. Instead, he wanted to have photographs of his old "trappitu", the place where olives are crushed and pressed to make oil. We drove to those large building that was to be shortly torn down and it's contents junked so he wanted photos. Inside. along the presses and crushers there were an assortment of old farm machinery that no longer worked. I shot these with my wife's G-9 as I had not read the instructions on my E PL-2 and could not get the flash to work. This man, in his late eighties climbed up and down without our help that was extended but politely refused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor