Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pasta primavera

Well there was a happy ending to my "taken for a ride" post. I had  also purchased some asparagus that although pricy was really good and so I concocted a pasta primavera that was actually delicious although the contribution made by the peas was rather minimal. I used the peas, some asparagus cut up. broccoli florets, scallions, garlic,  shallots, carrots, celery and a few small fresh tomatoes. It was sensational. The pasta was mafaldine by Poiatti a very good pasta outfit from Marsala in Sicily that is the same rand I use when I'm there. Because the factory is close by, this pasta is very cheap. Here in the Sates it's a different story. At any rate it's nice to find this brand stateside.

For those with a morbid curiosity in thech matters, the camera was the Olympus EP L-2 with a Nikkor 24mm F 1:2.8 that becomes a 48mm lens. It was hand held and shot under fluorescent light. This may attribute for it's lack of super sharpness. But it looks delicious and it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor