Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The cheap sunglasses trick



In the bad old days of film - before Photoshop - we used to put all sorts of devices in front of the lens in order to obtain unusual results. With all the so called filters in the various photo software products, this practice has all but disappeared. I was at the Brooklyn Botanic a few days ago and as I was about to exit the Japanese Garden, I decided to place my wife's pinkish sunglasses in front of the lens. The results are rather uncanny. Neat, really and worth pursuing again.
Obviously, the top photo is without any glasses, I am fully aware that the more nerdy among you will say that I could have used the channels controls in Photoshop, but this was more fun and even more up to chance. And if this isn't fun why do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor