Thursday, January 9, 2014

One of mt very first "serious" shot.

When one just starts in this field it is inevitable for one to take  himself  so seriously; every image is a "photograph;" every image is  so important. For me this initial state didn't last too long as I have never taken myself and most other things very seriously. As a total cynic and acerbic social critic, I see this BS in people and try  no to succomb to it myself. Especially myself. But my vanity does get in the way at times
When I call this an early "serious photo,"  the quotation marks indicate this sarcasm that is reflexive upon myself. But, I must confess, vanity aside, that this is a rather charming early photo which I like very much. 
It dates back from September of 1967 and this was the view from our pensione in Venice. The camera was a Kodak Retina, a German made folding camera with a very nice Schneider lens. I hope you like it..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fall splendor